Friday, March 7, 2008

Organizing 101

I seriously need to take a class, it could either be Organizing 101 or Decluttering Basics... either one, I need it.

So, in my journeys of surfing the web, I stumbled upon some tidbits... and I'd like to share them with you, because frankly, I have nothing better to do with my time on a rainy Friday night.

"What Being Disorganized Costs.
A moderately disorganized person loses about two hours every day due to disorder. If your income is $100,000 per year, based on a 40-hour week, you're costing the company about $25,000 every year. When you enlist the help of others to help you find something, the cost goes up. " (Thanks Peggy Duncan!)
So, even if you're not a company, you're probably losing two hours every day if your house is a WRECK... it's not costing you money, but it's probably costing valuable time with your family. And goodness knows, we don't have enough time with family as it is...

Scan what you can...I think is going to be my new motto (once I can get my scanner to work properly.) If I scan all of my loose papers and save them into a folder on my computer, they are all there, at my fingertips (except when the computer goes on the fritz...)

Okay, I think I'm going to go make some jewelry now. PS- I have coupons to the florist if you want one.

No comments: